You can download version 2.0.2 here. English, Swedish, and a new German localization are included. Look at the bottom of this page for the version history.
ClipboardSharing is a Mac OS X application that allows you to share the contents of your clipboard with other users, either across the network or locally. You can easily transfer just about anything that can be copied to the clipboard, including formatted text and images. The effect of this is that you can select something on one computer, copy it, and then quickly paste it on another computer.
- Do you collaborate with other people on your LAN? If so, you might sometimes have found the need to get a URL, an image or some text from one computer to another. With ClipboardSharing these transfers are as simple as copy and paste.
- Do you use more than one computer yourself? Then activate the automatic synchronization so that the clipboard is always the same on all of them.
- Do you have several accounts on your computer, and switch between them with Fast User Switching? ClipboardSharing might come in handy to quickly get data between the accounts.
ClipboardSharing uses Rendezvous to find peers on the local network, which makes it very easy to use. It is designed as a menu extra (or "status item"), so that it doesn't take up much space on your screen while still being easily available from any application.
As a bonus, it also remembers your previous clipboards. This is a simple approach to get multiple clipboards. You choose how many recent clipboards you want it to keep, and then you can easily restore one and paste in any application as usual. The recent clipboards can be saved to disk on quit, so that the they are available even after a reboot.
ClipboardSharing is quite customizable. It now has a rule editor and basic AppleScript support.
Price and license
To run ClipboardSharing you need Mac OS X Panther (version 10.3). Jaguar (10.2) might work but is untested.
What's new in version 2.0.2?
- Added German localization by Emanuel Kühnel.
- The transfer confirmation dialog doesn't block anymore.
- Error sheets are now shown properly when the password sheet is open.
- Fixed file permissions for some application resources.
- Fixed an improperly configured transfer timeout.
- Fixed a problem that could cause the server to "unexpectedly close" the connection.
- When adding to the AutoSync list, the Cancel button now works as it should.
Click here for a full version history.